23 years on from the debut of our world-conquering compilation series, The Annual Classical sees us taking a 50-piece classical orchestra out on the road to some of the best venues in the UK. The premiere will take place at London's Royal Festival Hall on January 26th with a full six-date tour starting in May 2019.
Each performance will feature a re-imagining of the biggest dance tracks from the 90s, including such anthems as The Chemical Brothers - "Hey Boy Hey Girl", Dario G - "Sunchyme", Faithless - "Insomnia", Fatboy Slim - "Right Here, Right Now" and Moloko - "Sing It Back".
To celebrate this momentous occasion we've created a documentary looking into the history of The Annual and talking to some of the major players in its inception, including Paul Oakenfold, Judge Jules, Brandon Block, Justin Berkmann and Ministry Chairman, Lohan Presencer.
The film will feature never-before-seen footage with a live orchestral accompaniment.
The Annual Classical is our first ever fully produced classical music show, including:
- 50 piece classical orchestra
- UK wide tour
- Nationwide special guest DJ appearances
- Live performances from original vocalists
- The biggest dance tracks from The Annual reimagined with an orchestral makeover
- Exclusive documentary screening featuring interviews with DJs who launched their careers at the club – Judge Jules, Paul Oakenfold, Brandon Block and key Ministry of Sound players including Justin Berkmann and Lohan Presencer
- Live scoring of documentary
26th January 2019 London, Royal Festival Hall
18th May 2019 Birmingham, Symphony Hall
31st May 2019 Cardiff, St Davids Hall
6th June 2019 Nottingham, Royal Concert Hall
8th June 2019 Glasgow, Royal Concert Hall
14th June 2019 Manchester, Bridgewater Hall
21st June 2019 Liverpool, Philharmonic Hall