Happy 30th Birthday Skream!
May your next 30 be as wild, successful and messy as the last three decades. In commemoration of this great age, we bring you thirty reasons why we love Skream.
1. He crowdsurfed during "Killing In The Name Of" at an Outlook Boat Party, leaving Sgt Pokes to take over
2. He produced the first track to make a cross over between grime and dubstep
3. He's often seen supporting society's finest, including Tulisa:
4. And Nigella:
5. He put La Roux on the dubstep map, paving the way for the likes of Katy B
6. He was part of one of the most enviable group of musical mates of the decade
7. He's forever championing young talent, seen here in Disclosure's first Boiler Room session in 2012
9. He's forever bringing music to the masses, like when he took us around London in a rickshaw
11. The time he threw, played and got kicked out of his own birthday party
Skream's birthday bash, 2010
12. He decided to ditch dubstep and mix it up, to great success
Highlight: "I Wanna Be Your Lover" (Dmitri From Paris remix) right at the very end
13. He smashed a garage set at the top of the Olympic twizzler
15. Breaking his leg, but still making music regardless
15. Breaking a leg, and still playing a show despite a fuck off cast
16. He teamed up with a heap of other DJs and had the audacity to call themselves J.E.S.u.S
18. He teamed up with Benga and Artwork to form Magnetic Man, reaching No.5 in the UK Album Chart
21. His stories continually put our drunken antics to shame
22. He's always been a great pal to his mate Benga, whose had some tough time of late
Here's the two of them looking lovely after co-presenting Skream's Radio 1 residency show.
24. He headlined Rinse's 20th Birthday at our club
27. He was so determined to be taken seriously in the worlds of house and techno he used to play for free
28. He's been putting out a stream of grade-A bangers recently
29. On tour, he's always respectful of the local culture
30. He's always up for a lovely time
Happy Birthday Skream!!
Skream will host the Skreamism stage at Eastern Electrics on 6th August, more info here